A serious injury the child may compromise future development of permanent teeth and attitude of the parents at the time makes all the difference.
When this happens the child broke a tooth , parents should immediately inform your dentist is a person trained to properly assess the gravity of the situation , injury and advise on treatment to apply to your child , examination of the affected area.
What to do in case of dental trauma:
- If possible, try to contact your dentist immediately at any time. In some cases, a particular direction helps parents by phone.
- If there is too much bleeding, stop it with gauze towel, handkerchief or ice, to see where the blood comes.
- If you happen to bleed or increase dental mobility, may have produced a root fracture, and visiting the dentist should be done as soon as possible. X-rays can confirm the fracture.
- When it comes to tooth part (extrusion or dislocation) want as quickly reposition the tooth are more likely to be recovered.
- When the permanent tooth comes out completely (tooth extraction) is faster redistributed, the greater the chances of success. If you can reposition teeth tooth in place (without touching the crown of the tooth root) and seek dentist. Otherwise, place the tooth in a container of saline, milk and allow the dentist to make implantation. If this happens to a baby tooth, reimplantation is not recommended because the chances of success are minimal. But it is very important for health professionals to consider the child as soon as possible.
- If the tooth “disappeared” and found it is possible that he suffered a complete intrusion, i.e., entered fully into the alveolar bone. Your dentist will recommend X-rays and treatment. Sometimes this intrusion (intra tooth) is partial.
- If a part breaks a tooth and it is found, place it inserted, saliva or milk and seek a dentist, as the size of the fragment can be a collage of tooth recover from aesthetics.