Usually the best place where to start looking is your general dentist. He sees to diagnose dental problems and oral conditions, develop treatment plans and take proper treat patients. When it deems necessary, the general dentist will send you to a specialist for you to receive the best treatment.
When you want to submit to a treatment in cosmetic dentistry such as teeth whitening, dental veneers, or a restorative procedure such as dental fillings or crowns, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Consider the experience of the specialist.
- Look at your resume to ensure that it has the necessary experience to perform the treatment you require. For example, not all dentists specialize in cosmetic treatments.
- Ask to see examples of other patients who have previously undergone the treatment they need. The before and after photos are a good example of the achievements of a dentist.
- Before deciding on a procedure in question, ask your dentist that you point out the advantages and disadvantages of each treatment that could solve your problem.
- Note post treatment service that your dentist is. It is important that the specialist is committed to your case and to take care of any problems that may arise later.
- Find out the use of new technologies in treatments.
The proximity is not a determining factor but you may be interested if you have to make many visits to the clinic.